Frequently Asked Questions
We have accumulated a few of the most common questions that we receive from our visitors, volunteers and friends. If you have a question and do not see it listed below you may call 662-841-6438 or contact us at any time.
- What are your days & hours of operation?
- We are open to the public year round. Tuesday through Friday, we are open from 9:00 a.m. until 4 p.m. On Saturday, we are open from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. We are closed on Sunday, Monday, and Federal holidays.
- What are your admission prices?
- Adults - $3
- Senior Citizens - $2
- Children 3-12 - $1.50
- Children 3 and under –Free
- Do you have a group rate?
- For groups of 10 or more, we charge a $1 admission fee per person.
- Do you provide guided tours?
- Yes. You may contact Museum staff at (662) 841-6438 to schedule a guided tour. Groups of 10 or more receive the $1 admission fee. Admission is free for teachers and bus drivers. There is a $2 admission fee for accompanying parents. Please call to schedule tours at least one full week in advance.
- Where are you located?
- Our physical address is 689 Rutherford Road, Tupelo, MS 38801. We are located on the east side of Ballard Park, which can be found off of West Main Street or Highway 6 West.
- Are you handicapped accessible?
- Yes. The museum proper is handicapped accessible, complete with ramps and proper ADA-required door clearance. There are public restrooms within Ballard Park that are handicapped accessible, also. The Dogtrot house, the Sparks church and school, and the Grist Mill each have ramps leading up to the buildings for easy access.
- What special events do you have?
- The Oren Dunn City Museum provides several annual events throughout the year. Each year we host the Dudie Burger Festival, in conjunction with the Blue Suede Cruise; Museum Summer Camp; Fall Festival; and the Holiday Open House. We, also, provide annual exhibits such as the Tupelo Quilt Connection & the Annual Holiday exhibit. Please see the Events Calendar for our specific programming and their dates.
- What other amenities are available?
- The Museum is proud to host birthday parties, weddings, reunions, and a wonderful collection to use as backdrops for amateur and professional photographs. Ballard Park has picnic areas, playgrounds, a walking track around the lake, as well as many sporting facilities. FOr more information see the Tupelo Park & Recreation’s website.
- How do I donate items to the Museum?
- Due to liability issues, the Museum does not accept items on loan. Objects, archives, or photographs depicting the region’s history may be donated. If you are interested in donating an item(s) to the museum, contact the Curator at (662) 841-6438 or use our contact form.
- What is in your collection?
- The Oren Dunn City Museum houses an eclectic blend of the region’s history from 1870 to the present. Please see the website’s Home Page for a more extensive listing. Also, please see the Photo Gallery for various items within the collection.
- How can I become involved?
- There are two fundamental ways to become involved: 1) volunteer of your time and expertise; 2) become a Friend of the Oren Dunn City Museum, which is the 501c3 nonprofit organization, which supports the programming of the Museum. Please see the Downloads section to print out a volunteer form or a Friends of the Oren Dunn City Museum pledge form.